Psst … Mother’s Day is coming. It’s Sunday, May 11. If you haven’t gotten anything for your mom yet, you still have time. And, if your mom is a foodie, I have some ideas for you.
Really. We foodies love them. And, since there are so many of them out there, you can choose one based on her style of cooking:
- Michael Symon’s 5 in 5: 5 Fresh Ingredients +5 Minutes =120 Fantastic Dinners
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier
- What’s for Dinner? Delicious Recipes for a Busy Life
- Giada’s Feel Good Food: My Health Recipes and Secrets
- Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes you can Trust
- It’s all Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes that Will Make you Look Good and Feel Great by Gwyneth Paltrow
- The Southern Pie Book
A subscription to a good food magazine.
If she’s truly a foodie, she loves reading about food and the people who make it, finding new recipes and discovering new ingredients to use:
- Food Network Magazine
- Bon Appétit
- Cooking Light
- Food and Wine
- Cook’s Illustrated
- Every Day with Rachael Ray
Cook for her.
Lastly, and perhaps most important, make her a meal. I find that people are often intimidated and don’t want to cook for foodies because, well, foodies are usually great cooks. However, if your mom is a foodie, she’s probably always cooking. It’s time to give her a break. Plus, she’s your mom. She’ll love whatever you make. Trust me on this one.
Try one of these recipes for dinner. They’re all simple and delicious. And she’ll love you for it.
- Braised chicken thighs with carrots, potatoes and thyme
- Pan-fried chicken with bacon and asparagus
- Gnocchi with bacon and escarole
- Taco melts
Or, just make her a sweet treat. These are all simple as well. And, she’ll love you for it.
- Super-rich chocolate cake
- Chewy sugar cookies
- Make a boxed cake and top it with homemade strawberry frosting
- Chocolate chip cookies
I hope you and your mom have a great day. For all of my fellow foodie moms, Happy Mother’s Day.