I hate that place, but we all get there. We come home from work, stand in front of the refrigerator and think or say, “What the hell am I going to make for dinner?”
As much as I love to cook, I find myself rutted occasionally, particularly when I’m trying to find something delicious to make on a weeknight that won’t take forever to cook. (I’m usually ravenous by the time I get home, so I don’t want to wait until 8 o’clock to eat.)
It was perfect for dinner because:
- It was de-freakin’-licious.
- My husband loved it, too.
- It didn’t take long to make.
- It was easy to prepare. I could have done it with one hand tied behind my back.
- It didn’t require funky ingredients that I don’t normally have in my kitchen.
- There was bacon (I heart bacon) in it.
Recipe full disclosure: My husband doesn’t like olives, so I left them out.
If you try it, let me know how it turned out for you.